Saturday, June 9, 2007

My 15 seconds with PM Helen Clark

In my short career here in New Zealand, I have been fortunate enough to meet and talk to some amazing people. One those is none other than the boss herself, Prime Minister Helen Clark.

Below is a transcription of this once in a lifetime, one-on-one interview, which actually happened not longer than two hours ago:


Tuny: Good Evening Madam Prime Minster, how are you tonight?

HC: Good evening, I'm excellent, you?

Tuny: Very well. Well Prime Minister, before anything else, thank you for hosting our president, I hope everything went well during her visit last week.

HC: Of course, she was nothing short of astonishing. I enjoyed her company.

Tuny: Well she is short and astonishing, este, anyway.... Would you like a programme for tonight's event?

HC: Yes, that's wonderful.

Tuny: Would you need anything else? Do you like your seat? Ice cream?

HC: Everything's fine, thank you.

Pagkatapos nun, umupo na sya. Well OK, inde ko actually tinanong sya about the visit, pero binigyan ko nga sya ng programme, and we made I contact (Kamukha pala nya si Fanny Serrano!). Na-assign kasi ako as usher sa isang violin competition sa VIP section ng Auckland Town Hall, guest of honor sya eh.

Kala nyo noh. I love my ushering job. next week I'll be doing Swan Lake. Who knows who I'll meet next!




Helen Clark





Tita Fanny(right) with Gabby "Con"cepcion

No comments: